Updated 5th January 2021
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) STATEMENT
Advanced Fire Protection SW Ltd are taking a proactive attitude towards the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. The health and safety of our staff and our customers is a priority for us. This policy will be reviewed and updated in line with advice given by the government and on the NHS website, www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
Lee Wilkinson | Managing Director
- Our engineers will remain active and will visit customers’ properties to carry out work unless the advice given by the government changes.
- Each engineer must be equipped with hand sanitiser and must clean their hands before entering and after leaving a property. Engineers are also advised to clean their hands periodically when on site for more than an hour, especially before and after visiting wholesalers and shops. 80% alcohol hand sanitiser is available for engineers to collect from our unit.
- Engineers are advised to remain 2 metres away from clients and members of the public where possible, and a minimum of 1 metre if the above isn’t feasible.
- All equipment within reach of customers or the general public, such as fire extinguishers and fire panels, must be wiped down by the engineer after being handled.
- Engineers will not be handing over our hand-held devices to customers to capture signatures.
- Engineers are advised to enquire about and abide by the clients own policy on COVID-19 when on site, so long as it doesn’t contradict this policy.
- When collecting supplies from our unit, engineers must clean their hands before entering and after departing.
- If any of our engineers or members of their household report or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, such as a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to sense of smell or taste, the engineer will be asked to self-isolate at home immediately and their van will be taken out of action until further notice.
- Face masks must be worn if requested by the customer, or if the type of premises can be identified on the following list: www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own.
Advanced Fire Protection (SW) Ltd