Carbon Monoxide Alarms
We firmly believe in the effectiveness of carbon monoxide alarms and always recommend them in sleeping accommodation where fossil fuels are used.
Lee Wilkinson, Advanced Fire's Managing Director
has seen lives saved first hand...
"We were called out to a holiday home in the South Hams where the clients thought the smoke detector was going off, when there was clearly no fire or smoke. The wife was sleeping on the sofa when we called and it was in fact the carbon monoxide alarm that was operating. We asked the husband to get his wife outside to some fresh air as quickly as possible. Had they not called in time, or realised what was happening it could have been a tragic holiday. Carbon monoxide alarms definitely save lives."
Unfortunately not everyone is as lucky, as this sad story illustrates..
Oxford University press officer dies after carbon monoxide leak